How come some people have phenomenal memories while others
(like me) have terrible memories?
Jenny has a remarkable memory and can remember things in
enormous detail, even things that happened years and years ago. She can
remember the exact words that someone used and even what clothes they were
wearing.
I on the other hand can forget stuff rapidly, and Jenny
often reminds me of things we’ve done and said and people we’ve met, things
that have long vanished from my memory.
I would be hard put to remember a conversation I had with
someone a week ago, while Jenny could recall it easily.
It’s all very embarrassing. Rather than admit my hopeless
memory, it’s tempting to pretend I remember what someone is referring to, when
actually I have no idea what they’re talking about.
Apart from anything else, being able to remember things in
minute detail must greatly enhance your daily life, while huge lapses in memory
mean I’m always in a kind of fog that limits my enjoyment.
I can at least remember the really big events in my life,
which haven’t yet faded away. So all is not lost.
Sunday, 26 July 2026
Do I remember?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment