There are proposals to crack down on people playing loud music and
videos without headphones on UK public transport, as other passengers find it
disturbing and inconsiderate.
I can’t say I’m especially bothered by loud noise on trains
and buses, although I’d rather not have to listen to music I personally
dislike.
In fact most passengers on public transport here in Northern
Ireland are actually quite considerate and do wear headphones or keep the noise
level down.
There are certainly more important things to complain about
than noise mongers. Like buses that come late or not at all. Like buses with no
luggage racks. Like the deterioration of public services generally.
What does annoy me is restaurants that aren’t designed to
dampen conversations, so you have to virtually shout to make yourself heard
against all the prevailing chatter.
Also of course the background musak that assaults you in so
many restaurants, shops and other places. Polls say the majority of customers
would prefer silence but for some reason they’re ignored and the music blares
on regardless.
Wednesday, 26 August 2026
Noise mongers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment