Wednesday 26 October 2022

Question time

It's a long time since I did a Question and Answer, so I thought I'd do another one. Respectable questions only of course, nothing too outrageous. So there's no need to brace yourself.

  • What is your greatest fear? Creepy-crawlies. They move so fast.
  • When were you happiest? Now. Retirement is very liberating.
  • What personal trait do you deplore? Non-existent cooking skills.
  • And in others? Arrogance, narcissism, self-righteousness.
  • Your biggest embarrassment? Drinking too much and being violently sick.
  • Describe yourself in three words. Quiet, anxious, friendly.
  • What do you dislike about your appearance? Nothing.
  • What would your superpower be? Knowing the future.
  • Apart from property, what's your dearest purchase? Cars and holidays.
  • Your most unappealing habit? Being shy and tongue-tied.
  • What scares you about ageing? Possibly getting a disabling illness.
  • Your celebrity crush? I don't have one. I don't put celebs on a pedestal.
  • Would you choose fame or anonymity? Anonymity. Fame is a nightmare.
  • Who should you say sorry to? An old girlfriend I abruptly jilted.
  • Who would you most like to be? No one. I'm quite happy with myself.
  • When did you last cry? At my mum's funeral.
  • Any brushes with death? I was almost crushed by a falling chimney.
  • Would you prefer sex, money or fame? Money, in case I live to 100.
  • An important life lesson? Don't judge by appearances.
  • Tell us a secret. But then it wouldn't still be a secret.
(Questions pinched from the Guardian)

13 comments:

  1. You could still learn to cook! I feel as though the falling chimney deserves its own blog post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bijoux: Okay, I'll return to the falling chimney.

      Delete
  2. I second a post re the falling chimney.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I jilted a fellow once. Still embarrassed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joanne: I suspect that was a very long time ago. No need to be embarrassed any more!

      Delete
  4. Just a few:
    Happiest? I agree
    Aging? Again, I agree
    Three words? Introvert, overweight, intimidating (on the last, that's not how I see myself but rather how others have according to my daughters)
    Fame or anonymity? I agree. Because of administering of and posting in a local grassroots Facebook group, a lot of people, including some local officials and a former attorney general of the state of Arkansas, know who I am. It's disconcerting, especially during political campaign season, to have people I don't know seek me out and strike up a conversation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike: It's possible to seem intimidating just because you're big or tall or self-possessed. Not much you can do about that! Yes, it must be very disconcerting to have complete strangers act as if you're a bosom pal.

      Delete
  5. I would like the superpower of being invisible at the flick of a switch. Imagine the things you could do! The conversations you could hear, and the wars you could end!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms Scarlet: But if you were invisible, people would keep bumping into you. Nice idea, though.

      Delete
  6. Ramana Rajgopaul29 October 2022 at 16:28

    Interesting. You have inspired me to write a post on the same questions. Should go live soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ramana: What fun! I look forward to your post.

      Delete
  7. Mary: I don't mind wasps and bees. They're not as unnerving as creepy-crawlies. I'm glad cockroaches aren't common in the UK.

    ReplyDelete