I do wonder about some people’s complete lack of common
sense.
A new power cable linking the UK national grid to Ireland
has had to be diverted because it was due to pass under the grave of a Harry Potter
character, namely Dobby, the fictitious elf.
The project manager got literally hundreds of calls
demanding the cable be rerouted to avoid “desecrating” the supposed grave.
It might be reasonable to reroute a cable that’s passing an
actual grave (or a cemetery even) but an imaginary grave? Seriously?
I’ve never read the Harry Potter stories, but even if I had
done the idea of a character’s invented grave being sacrosanct would never have
occurred to me.
What on earth has a power cable got to do with a bunch of novels about a young wizard at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry? Who will even know a power cable has been diverted? Who would even care if they found out? Such a ridiculous and pointless hoo-ha about nothing.
Some people have too much time on their hands.


No comments:
Post a Comment